Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dinner At Dad and J's

Went to dinner at Dad and J's tonight (if you couldn't tell from the title of this post) to celebrate Dad's birthday. They fixed a really yummy dinner - pork roast with taters and carrots cooked in with it; scalloped potatoes, corn on the cob and rolls. I brought a chocolate cake for dessert. Had a pleasant conversation prior to eating (Sis and Rafe and FM were there, too). Then, as we were finishing dinner, I got a pleasant surprise. Dad had some letters that Mom had written to Auntie back in the 1960's! It was so fun to read what she had written about "us kids" back then (although Sis wasn't around for most of that time). In fact, in one letter (July 1963) Mom mentioned she was going to a baby shower that evening and hoped it didn't "give her ideas". Need I point out that Sis was born in April 1964???

We've canceled the knitting day for tomorrow since Rafe's D&D game was canceled. Don't know what I'll do with my day but I'm sure I'll figure out something.

No comments: