Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Efficient - Not So Much

So, I went to bed last night feeling quite proud of myself. I stopped and visited Duh and ST on the way home, then stopped at Staters and got some stuff I needed, along with a piece of chicken for dinner and one for today's lunch. Got home, put away the freezer items, and then started my wash. Ate dinner, then went and transferred the laundry to the dryer. Back to the apartment to do a little tidying and computering. Back to the laundry room and got the clothes; back in time for the 8:00 lineup on CBS (see post below for clip from Big Bang Theory). Folded & hung up laundry while watching tv. Went to bed feeling quite pleased.

Then - this morning arrives. While entering the dining room area of the apartment, I notice the box on the table. Yep - the one with the piece of chicken purchased for lunch today. Even though I think it would have been ok, I'm not willing to risk food poisoning so fixed myself a PB&J for lunch. *sigh* Thought about putting the chicken out by the dumpster area for the wandering kitties, but remembered in time that one of the tenants has a "helper" dog and doesn't always have the dog leashed when he brings it out for exercise and whatnot. Figured I didn't want to be the cause of the dog getting a chicken bone in its throat so it'll just go in the trash. What a waste.

Paid $2.25-9/10 per gallon for gas this afternoon; not bad! I know I've seen it lower but don't like the gas station with the lower price. It's only a difference of about $.04/gallon, I think.

Now I'm home and waiting for it to be time to leave for taco night. Yum!

No comments: