Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What A Wednesday!

Started off with a bunch of bad drivers on the way to work. Seems like none of them wanted to be in the lanes they were in, so they just moved from lane to lane. Without signaling. Sometimes with just barely enough room to fit their vehicle in the lane they were entering. Fortunately I didn't see any accidents (or become involved in one).

Had enough work to do to get me through the day, with some left for tomorrow. I generally prefer to have everything done before I leave, of course - but it's nice to know I'll have stuff to do to keep my busy if there isn't a lot of mail.

Went to lunch with the Payables department for SR's birthday. It was nice to be included as part of the group (a lot of companies don't treat temps as part of the group, you know). We went to Wabi Sabi (I've never been to one before). It was really, really good. Had the chicken and filet mignon lunch combo which included rice, veggies and soup or salad. They cook the food right at the table (like at Benihana's) and our chef was very entertaining. The food was fantastic and I have enough leftovers for dinner tonight. Pleasant conversation, good times - and the boss paid for it all! Barely had room for the thin slice of birthday cake I had this afternoon, but I managed to squeeze it in.

And then, on the way home, I stopped to get gas for Henry. Put in 17.35 gallons at $1.729/gal and actually had time to get a bit bored while waiting for the tank to fill! Couldn't tell you the last time it took THAT long to get gas. Nice feeling, "akshually".

No comments: