Thursday, January 22, 2009

Glad The Day Is Over

Work was ok, but I ended up having an email fight with the Ex. He had me so frustrated and angry I just wanted to smack him. Hard. Without going into a lot of detail and reliving the whole mess, let's just say that he is being very irresponsible and won't accept the blame for his own actions. Everything is always someone else's fault (in this case, mine). I had such a knot in my stomach, I thought I was going to be sick. Fortunately, I was able to email with Sis and talked with L at work, which helped ease things off a bit. I also texted The Boy to let him know a little of what was going on, in case he got the backlash at work. The Ex said he was going to call tonight to discuss things, but here it is, quarter after ten --- I doubt if he'll be calling.

On a happier front, I have made quite a bit of progress on my Hattz for RPattz charity hat. I have a 3" ribbed cuff and now have approximately 3" more of stockinette stitch. I think I'm going to start the decreases at this point; I wanted the hat a little bigger than the basic pattern called for, not knowing who the recipient would be. Figure if the hat is too long, the cuff can be folded but if it's too short there isn't much you can do to make it fit better.

Watched another 2 episodes of The Tudors and then the 2 episodes of Bones. I'm also one of the first members of a new group on Ravelry - one for the readers of fanfiction. Right now, it's based on the Twilight fanfics but I think it is open to any/all stories. I was the fifth member to join the group.

I'm seriously considering making one of the fishy hats that Sis has become addicted to. I really love every one she's made ... the only problem is that I know I'd never wear it. I guess I could stuff it (leaving the mouth open) and display it on a shelf. This means a trip to a yarn store. Darn. What a hardship that will be.

No comments: