Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Weekend

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting for the weekend. Had a pretty good time for most of it. Saturday was a knittering day and we had a pretty good turn out. Sis was the hostess this time around. The guests included The Girl and myself, Duh, MH2 and Sis' female roomie. Roomie worked on some mending; Duh worked on her hand-stitch table runner; MH2 sewed a hatband on a Ren Faire hat. The Girl worked on her cabled knit scarf; Sis a fishy hat and I completed the Hattz for RPattz hat and started on a new orange one for The Boy.

We had plenty of yumminess, also. Duh brought D'ohnuts, I brought raisin-less butter tarts and Sis provided a fantastic veggie lasagne, garlic bread, chips'n'dip and veggies'n'dip. Oh, and apples with caramel dippy sauce, too. We stayed later than I had thought we would (which is a good thing) and there was plenty of conversation and laughter. Sis also share with us a video she found on YouTube, titled "Moskau". It was quite hilarious!

Afterwards, The Girl came back to my place and we talked some more, and read fanfics and Ravelry. The Boy joined us a little later and we went to a new Mexican restaurant for dinner. The food was pretty good, but maybe a little more expensive than other places that are just as good.

Yesterday we went out to visit Dad and J (we being myself, The Kids, Sis and Rafe). Chatted for a while, and then went to Outback for late lunch/early dinner. Mmmm - yummy bread, cream of onion soup and a salad. Visited a little longer with Dad and J (and learned a couple things about The Ex that really ticked me off, although I hope I didn't show it) and then went to a car dealership so The Boy could look at a truck. They tried to talk him in to buying a brand-new truck, even though he kept telling them he didn't want to spend that much. They were actually quite rude and condescending - if it were me, I'd never buy a vehicle from them.

And then today was just another day at work. Nothing exciting. After work I did laundry and am now watching Big Bang Theory.

Everyone is now properly jealous of my exciting life, I'm sure ...

No comments: