Friday, January 16, 2009

"Moving" Day

Well, I have officially moved from my off-to-the-side desk to my new, bigger, in-with-the-rest-of-the-AP-department desk! The move was accomplished with minimal fuss (D from IT did all the computer stuff while I was at lunch). Couldn't believe how much stuff I have accumulated in my time at this company! Got things kind of organized, although I didn't spend a lot of time doing it since I wanted to get my work done, too. And - speaking of work, I am now official on the rotation schedule for the misc. stuff done in the AP department! Normally I just work on the "regular" invoices; however, I will be trained and take my turn with the expense invoices, petty cash & expense reports, and will eventually (I hope) be given my own list of vendor accounts. Things are really looking up at work! And what is really nice is that the other ladies all seem happy that I'm now more a part of the group. Except LM, because it isn't as easy for us to chat as it was before. But I've been told not to worry about going over to talk with her, and personal emails and stuff as long as my productivity is good. Cool, huh? Now - they just need to hire me, darn it!

Speaking of darning - I've got quite a bit done on the first blue knuck. I'm at the point where I start doing the fingers. I've been trying to decide if I want to keep these for myself or give them away (M at work kinda hinted that she wanted a pair - at least, she's the one who said I should make blue ones) and I think LM would like a pair, too. After I finish the blue ones I can make another pair and give one to LM and one to M. I started them with the intention of giving them to M, decided I liked the color and thought about keeping 'em, and now I'm back to giving them away. Decisions, decisions.

Received an email from Apple today; my iPod Touch shipped out via FedEx and is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. I'll have to remember to leave a note on the door, requesting that the driver leave the package at the Manager's office. Maybe I'll leave one on Monday, too, just in case ....

No comments: