Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wasted Money

Had a note from the apartment management the other day to let me know that there would be an annual inspection of the apartment today. So, I made sure things were cleaned up before leaving to meet The Boy for brunch. Left a note on the table to let them know that I was buying a replacement battery for the smoke alarm (I left the alarm on the dining room table, with the note) and to please not let the cat out. So, I go to breakfast and then to Target to get the batteries, some trash bags and windshield washer fluid. Get home, and there is no alarm on the table. Apparently they went ahead and put a new battery in it and reinstalled it. Really nice of them to do that, but now I have two 9v batteries that I don't need.

Brunch was really nice. It was just The Boy and I, since The Girl had to work and he is still upset with his dad. Had a nice talk, I think. Touched on a few "issues" but nothing major. I hope he knows that if he wants to talk, I'm available. (And since I know he reads this, if he didn't know it before then he does now).

Next Saturday is knitting day at Sis'. I'm hoping The Girl can get out of work so she can join us but I don't think that'll happen. I've invited LM and M from work but I don't know that either will be able to make it. Duh still hasn't responded other than a text message on Monday saying she'd have to let me know. Haven't really heard from her since the 2nd, when she called to find out the name of a street. Guess she's been busy with Happy, his sister, and that group.

I've been working on the blue knucks quite a bit today. I have the first one at the point where I just have to add 3 fingers (the pinky is done) and the thumb. Started on the second one because I'm trying to decide if I want to do the other fingers and/or thumb in a contrasting color. Not sure how that would look, but since the pattern calls for binding off after each finger and reattaching for the next, I guess I could do them in a contrast color and easily frog the fingers if I don't like it. I still have a little way to go on the second one before I have to make that decision.

Microwave beeped -- my oh-so-yummy Lean Cuisine dinner is ready. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I've never lived in any rented apartment where they came in and inspected. I wonder how common it is.

IrishF on ravelry