Sunday, January 18, 2009

TV Things

Received an email this morning from Amazon (one of the regular "stuff on sale" updates) and was surprised to find out that the full season dvd of Moonlight will be released on Jan 20, and is available for pre-order. This was a surprise to me, since I already have an email from them letting me know that my already pre-ordered copy shipped yesterday.

Also, a post on Ravelry reminded me of a tv show I watched with The Kids last week ... Ace of Cakes. It's a really cool show, and the cakes those chefs bake are amazing. My favorite was the "knitting basket" one .... yes - that is ALL cake (except maybe the knitting needles). Amazing, isn't it! Of course, if that were MY cake and anyone were to cut into it (or bite, or grab a handful, or destroy in any other way, shape or form) I'd have to smack 'em upside the head. So, be warned. If you want to have your cake and eat it too, don't give me such a fancy one! (click on the picture for a larger image and check out the detail - awesome). And now I want cake.

DirectTV is offering free HBO this weekend. So far, haven't seen a reason to pay for the services. I did watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night (which, of course, I can watch whenever I want on DVD, as I own it). Also kind of watched Juno, which was cute but nothing I would have paid to see. And when they have several HBO channels and show the same movies on a couple of different channels at almost the same time, it's just a waste.

No comments: