Sunday, January 4, 2009

Nice Neighbors!

Early this afternoon while I was sitting on my couch kinda watching tv and computering, I noticed that the kids (L & T) from "across the way" were at my window. Don't know what they were doing, but I decided to tease their mom (who happens to be the manager of the apartment complex). Opened the window a little further than it already was and told her I was going to have to kidnap the kids. Talked for a little while - she was getting ready to go grocery shopping so I commiserated with her. Asked her to pick some up for me, because I was almost at the point of having Rice-A-Roni for dinner.

Anyway, they left and I puttered around a little. Did some more computering and some reading and then was knitting (have to finish that second knuck) when I heard my doorbell ring. Peeked out the peephole - nobody there. Hm, odd. So, I opened the door and realized that there were two somebodies there...L and T. L handed me a plastic bag and I asked what was in it ... her answer? Spaghetti! Their mom was standing on her porch so I thanked her. She said that L and grandmother made it last night and they had a ton of it, so thought they'd share. Pretty nice, huh? And there was enough of it that I have some left for lunch tomorrow.

Think I'll get some cookie dough on the way home tomorrow and take some cookies to the kids.

Ok - that movie just looks too weird. Don't know that I'll be able to go see it - The Boy will have to see it first. For those who don't know (all two of you who read this) I'm talking about "The Unborn". I know The Boy is jazzed about it - he kinda knows the writer/director. Just doesn't look like my kind of movie.

Speaking of movies, I just read on Sis' blog that Rafe wants to go see Twilight! I wouldn't have suspected that he'd like to see that one. Don't know that he'd like it; although out of all the guys I know (gee, I say that like I know a lot of guys) he's the one most likely to enjoy it.

Anyway, since I've spent so much time on Ravelry today I'd better give the laptop a rest. G'night.

No comments: