Thursday, January 1, 2009

Non-Posting Week

I guess it's a bit obvious that not much is going on in my otherwise packed-full-of-activity life. It's been a tough week for me ... haven't felt like doing anything. Went to tacos with The Kids and The Ex on Tuesday (Sis might join us next week, yay!). Took myself to lunch (had a really good sandwich - cashew & chicken salad) and to Target yesterday. Met The Kids for a late lunch today. The were out of what I wanted for lunch (Carnitas burrito) so I just ordered a patty melt and onion rings; the waitress didn't pay us much attention; the salsa for The Girl's nachos and my food were way late (The Boy was finished eating about the time I took my first bite); the rings were dripping, and I do mean dripping, with moisture. All in all, it wasn't a good meal. Good company, but not a good meal. Although the waitress did apologize (they have a new cook) and take a bit off my check when I told her about the onion rings, which was nice. Good thing it wasn't my first time at this particular restaurant, though, or I'd never go back.

Tomorrow is a work day (which is nice; it'll get my butt off the couch and get me away from the computer). I've been reading a lot of "fanfiction" online ... in fact, that's about all I've done for the past two days. I know, Sis -- I'm giving myself a big kick in the butt as I "hear" your reaction. This will pass and I'll return to normal soon. I just feel the need to indulge in a bit of ... um ... fantasy???

Anyway - tomorrow is the 10th wedding anniversary for Sis and Rafe and I hope they have a great getaway weekend!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, what would we do without our blogs? You came and visited so I dropped by too. I wish you lived near - I would LOVE to learn to knit!!

Ceci said...

You like Big Bang Theory too?? You're too damn cool. ;)

So, which fanfictions have you enjoyed the most? (Are you reading Twilight ones?) I have some favorite authors bookmarked if you wanna share!

Ceci from the Rav Twilight forum