Monday, February 16, 2009

Frustrated

Planned on sending off my Hattz today; I know the Post Office is closed for the holiday but figured I could send it from the MBE near work. I called to make sure that they provide USPS Express and/or Priority service; the employee asked, "You mean like UPS or FedEx?" I said no, I wanted the 3-day service through the Post Office (I had started out the conversation by stating that I knew the package wouldn't actually be mailed today due to the holiday). She checked and said that yes, they do provide that service. I asked it they had the specific boxes used for the 3-day service and she said yes.

So, I leave work and drive over the the MBE store. The girl at the counter is the same one I had spoken with on the phone (she asked if I was the one that had just called). She went to the back to get a box for shipping - when she came back with a plain brown one, I asked about the white Priority box. She said they didn't have those but that the brown one would work. I said that I had a box in the car I could use (because I didn't want to pay for a box if I didn't have to) if she could tape it shut for me. She said no problem. I went out and got the box, addressed it and she taped it shut. She then told me that they don't do the USPS 3-day delivery; the cheapest way for 3-day delivery would be UPS at $22; or it would be $13 for delivery on Monday. Needless to say, I decided to NOT ship it UPS and said I'd take it to the Post Office tomorrow (and pay $5). I was then charged $.50 for having the box taped shut. Needless to say, they've lost my business.

And now I have to go to the Post Office tomorrow. :sigh:

No comments: