Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today Was .... Different

Started off thinking that today was Thursday and that I'd get to watch Survivor tonight. Of course, that was completely wrong. Then, my co-worker AZ told me that she wished she had my cell number, so that she could have called and told me not to bring lunch today, because she brought me some home-made shrimp fettucini (which was kinda funny because I brought Lean Cuisine fettucini, which is No Comparison at all!) A little while later, AZ started laughing.... she was trying to call a vendor about an invoice and right after she dialed the number, her private line started ringing. She'd hang up to answer the incoming call, and nobody was there. Yup, you got it. She was calling her own number by mistake! Three times.... we giggled over that one a couple times during the day.

Had a "safety meeting" for the AP department today (first one I've gone to). The Boss started out by handing out a flyer on cell phone 'dangers" and said that he hates cell phones, and never uses his. He's 55, and when he was a kid he'd be outside from 8 in the morning until 10 at night, his mom had no way of getting in touch with him and he was never kidnapped or anything, so he sees no need for being so accessible now. That was the extent of our "safety" meeting.

Anyway, I guess it was a pretty good day, all things considered (seeing as it isn't Survivor night and all).

No comments: