Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nice Sunday

This has been a nice day ... Sis got here around 9:00 and we went for a yummy breakfast (chicken fried steak 'n' eggs, sourdough toast). Had a nice conversation at the restaurant while we ate. Came back to the apartment for some knitting. I actually got quite a bit done on the hat I'm knitting; finished the pattern repeats and worked on the decreases. Dropped a couple of stitches (dang it) and "fixed" them. Didn't like the way they looked after the repair so I have frogged back to the last pattern repeat -- and I am SO GLAD that I put in the lifeline after the pattern repeats!!! -- and will do the decreases again. I may actually get it finished in the next couple of days! I could finish it tonight, I guess, but the hands are a little tired so I think I'll take a break.

Sis got a lot done on the fish hat she's currently working on (as a Christmas gift. Yeah, she's almost finished with all her Christmas knitting projects). She did about 3/4 of the body and only has to do the tail and fins. It's a really pretty aqua/bright yellow striped hat. Of course, I like ALL the fish hats she's done - enough that I'm tempted to try one for myself. Not that I'd ever wear it ... but I could hang it on my wall. Sis also suggested that I use my WA yarn to knit a pillow so that it would be something I could actually use (even if it's just decorative). I'll have to figure out what size to make it ... but I bet it will make a gorgeous pillow!

The Kids are on their flight home from Portland; I think we'll be meeting for dinner when the arrive. At least, The Boy sent a text message asking about meeting for dinner, but since he had to turn his phone off while on the flight he hasn't received my response yet.

And - a kinda funny story. As we left the restaurant this morning, Sis was looking in her bag and couldn't find her glasses so she went back to get them. Just before she entered the restaurant she realized - she was wearing them! Don't know who was more pathetic: Sis, for not knowing she was wearing them, or me for not noticing them on her face!

No comments: