Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kinda Bummed

Well, as they say - all good things must come to an end. I was told yesterday that my employment will end as of the 21st of the month. Kinda sucks. My boss is upset that he can't keep me on as a permanent employee; in fact, J told me that he still has "one more straw to tug on", so not to give up hope yet. I'm not counting on it. What makes it worse is being told (by him, and by my immediate supervisor) that they would rather keep me on than one or two of the regular employees. I know I work more efficiently and accomplish more than my "replacement"; and there have been complaints about the personality of one of the other ladies. J said that the office managers of some of the other divisions have even told him how much they like me. ::sigh:: I know, life isn't fair.

And to top it off, I spent the afternoon today working my butt off while listening to my "replacement" talking on personal phone calls ...

No comments: